Monday 17 October 2016

Nel Ten Wolde Analysis

Nel Ten Wolde is an Australian based artist who combines collage and drawings to elongate or change the landscapes she has photographed. Wolde particularly likes the elements of light, colour and the ever-changing time of day or season and how this affects her photographs as well as the landscape itself.
To describe her style, she combines collages of photographs she has taken on her walks around the Australian wildlife and rural parts of Spain and an illustrative style of drawing to carry on the most prominent parts of the photographs such as a colour or a shape/structure. When studying her work I want to focus on the movement of a landscape and the colour as these are elements I am strong at, to push myself I might experiment with her illustrative style of drawing however I don’t want it to become the focal points. Wolde’s use of watercolour combined with complex traceries of line subtly demand our attention.
What inspires me the most about Wolde is she is an artist in an unconditional sense, similar to me, she doesn’t carry and always have to hand these phenomenal pieces of equipment she is active about her art, very much spiritual and breaking the stereotype that all artists have a shed at the bottom of the garden where they do their work. I like this idea as this is something I explored when using parts of nature in my first year exam which I enjoyed doing and want to explore more.

No comments:

Post a Comment