Monday 17 October 2016

Ian Liddle Anaylsis

Ian Liddle is a 43 year old British artist and has been based in Berlin since 2002. His work is multidisciplinary: drawing, painting, printing, photography, sculpture, collage, observational/life drawing are all fundamental to his artistic practice. His distinctive style has led him to work as an illustrator for various musicians including Scuba, Christoph De Babalon, Dalglish and OST and create large scale mural works in clubs, bars, hotels and shops in Berlin. He also produces tshirts, prints and fanzines of his work.

I find it interesting how Liddle using an abstract approach to portraiture something I feel is out of my skill range so to see an abstract take on it has given me ideas on how to approach this portraiture project to suit my abilities and challenge them to push myself. I also like his use of colour to highlight only the facial features and sometimes skin tone to give life to these illustrative drawings/paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment