Thursday 27 October 2016

Lauren DiCioccio Analysis

Lauren DiCioccio is a born and raised in Philadelphia artist currently living in south San Francisco, she recieved her BA from Colgate University in 2002 where she studied art and art history. When researching about her work I found particularly fascinating was how she wanted to explore the presence and disappearance, of objects common to day to day life and the relationships we make to them.
One quote from her artist statement garnered my attention with how thought provoking it was to me as I find myself doing something not too dissimilar to it.
'Objects like the newspaper are very tactile and also dependable and loyal in their daily renewal. Because of the comfort found in ritual and routine we build around the newspaper, the relationship we make to it is not dissimilar to a relationship we would make with another person.'

No comments:

Post a Comment