Tuesday 10 November 2015

Beginning of my Final Piece and the Idea Behind it

For my final piece for my personal investigation I am currently at the time of this being posted considering to do a small room filled with textural canvases and windows all with either fabric or words written out of thread similar to 'Help' and 'Am I Worth It' and suspending them from the ceiling in all manner of angles and heights and have a light in the middle of this room so that when you walk around the piece the light is reflecting all of the words onto the walls behind you and all around you similar to Parker's 'Cold Dark Matter' but in amongst the hanging canvases and pieces I want to have personal effects with them to make the piece more intimate and personal.

 Almost in essence scare the viewers, almost choke them with the size of the room and the amount of canvases in it to really get people questioning what is the meaning behind this piece and make them feel like they are in the mind of a person with a mental illness.


This has all sprung from this one piece of work I did that gave my the idea to do it which I want this piece to be a part of, this piece has yet to be named but I love the way that it's like a hospital screen and it blurs away whatever is behind it due to the texture on the window itself and I like this because it takes the personality away from the person as they or whatever body part is behind the window into this blurry haze of colours and dehumanises them.

No comments:

Post a Comment