Friday 9 September 2016

Simon Birch Analysis

Simon Birch was born in the UK and is now a permanent resident of Hong Kong, China. I like his use of colour and how he tries to show the movement of his subjects using sharp movements of paint, I shall take this idea and try to present the same movement, using my own photos and the limitations of an iPhone camera. I manipulated the camera to blur the photos I used by using bursts of photos and panorama's, and interpret the movement in the photographs into similar movements with the paint. Birch also uses colour to highlight not only facial features but also different tones in the skin of the figures and I found this idea interesting to play around with in producing work myself.

I have however taken the inspiration I have gained from Birch and applied it to my own style of art, incorporating the elements of sewing and mixed media similar to my artist I was studying while producing work for the mural brief, Hinke Schreuders. In the photos I have used as well I orginally started off showing movement but to make it fit in with the brief the sports staff for the mural I decided to start using props and playing sports and taking photographs during them to capture the movement of the players and the sport itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment